Chicken momo is one of the popular street food in Nepal.The Momo a dumpling made rom plain flour and filled with chicken ground meat and onion,cabbage,spring onion,coriander and momo spices. It is inspired by Tibetan dumplings .Momo can serve with Dipping sauce or soup.This recipe is for making steamed momo.
Street food Momos
- 1000 g Chicken ground finely
- 350 g Onion Chopped
- 50 g Spring Onion
- 40 g Coriander
- 2 tbsp Ginger and Garlic Paste
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp Momo Masala
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 4 tbsp Butter room tempreture or veg cooking oil
- 1 tbsp salt
- ½ tbsp Ajinomoto (option)
Prepare for Dough
- 2 cups Wheat all purpose flour
- 1 cup Water
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tbsp cooking Oil
- Chop the onion,Spring onion and coriander finely.
- Combine the chiken minced, green onions, garlic, ginger, spring onion and coriander in a bowl and mix until well-incorporated.
- Prep for dough:Combine the flour,water, salt and oil in boul .Mix well, Knead the dough for 6-7 minutes
- Cover with a towel and let the dough rest for 30 minutes
- Knead well again before making wrappers.
- Prepare the of wheat flour with water and make small round shape by filling the mixer of minced meat