An easily prepared vegetable dish where the fried mustard seeds give a nice taste. If you want to make it hotter, add a little red chili when you fry the vegetables. If you have a wook, feel free to use it when you cook the dish.
Quick and Easy Saag Aalu
- 2 Packs Leaf Spinach Frozen or 500g fresh spinach
- 4 st Medium sized potatoes
- 1-2 st green chillies finely chopped
- 1/2 tbsp Cooking oil
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/2 tbsp Garlic paste
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 7 st Mustard seeds
- Thaw the spinach, drain and squeeze out as much water as possible
- Peel and cut the potatoes into three-centimetre cubes and boil them almost soft in water with 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Take care on the boiling water.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan until it sizzles when you drop a mustard seed.Fry the mustard seeds under the lid for about 10 seconds. Mix in the spinach and fry for a few minutes, stirring, until it turns light brown. Add the potatoes and fry until they get colour.
- Pour in 2 tablespoons of the potato water, mix in the coriander and let it cook for a few minutes.