This mango chutney with coconuts flakes is one o my fav.Chutney is the popular in southasian in Indian Nepal,Bangladesh and pakistan.Most of the spicy sauces made with a fruit, vegetable or spice as a base. The one we know best is probably Green mango chutney. The most common chutney is sweet,sour and quite mild. This variant is considerably stronger in taste
indian mango chutney recipe
- 250 grams Green hard Mangoes
- 100 grams Finely grated coconut
- 1 st Green Chili or 1tbsp ground chilipowder
- 2 pcs bay leaves
- 1 tbsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tbsp Cooking oil
- 1 tbsp Natural Yoghurt
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- Chop the mango as finely as possible with or without the skin.Pound the chilli, coconut and half of the mustard seeds in a mortar until smooth. If you thinkit is cumbersome, you can run themin a blender or food processor, but then you risk the spices losing their flavour.
- Pour the spice mixture and yoghurt over the mangoes and mix well
- Heat some oil in a pan until it sizzles when you drop a mustard seed. Add the bay leavesand the rest of the mustard seeds and saute until the seeds have finished popping andbecome quiet.Pour the spices over the mango mixture. Salt to taste.
- Serve the chutney withmeat, vegetable and lentil dishes, preferably together with other types of chutney and ayoghurt sauce. The chutney keeps for several weeks in the refrigerator cabinet.