What is a soufflé pancake in Japan called?
The light and airy texture of Japanese pancakes, also referred to as “fluffy pancakes” or “Japanese soufflé pancakes,” is well-known. This is a simple recipe for pancakes made in Japan.
A pancake prepared with soufflé techniques is known as a Japanese soufflé pancake. The egg whites are combined with sugar to form a thick, glossy meringue, which is then combined with the yolk batter. In Japan, souffle pancakes are very well-liked.
fluffy japanese pancake recipe
- 2 Eggs split in white and yolk
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 60 ml Milk
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract (Option)
For white Whipped(Maringue)
- 4 White Eggs
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- Separate the Eggs: Begin by separating the egg yolks and whites. Because you'll be using both pieces, store them in separate bowls.
- Making the Pancake Batter: Sugar should be mixed with the egg yolks in a mixing basin. Then stir in the milk and vanilla extract. Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a separate basin. Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture gradually, stirring until smooth.
- Make the Meringue: In a clean, dry, and grease-free dish, whisk the egg whites until frothy. Add a pinch of cream of tartar to the egg whites if using. While continuing to whip the egg whites, gradually add the sugar until stiff peaks form.The MAringue should be glossy and hold its shape.
- Meringue and Batter: Gently fold the meringue into the pancake batter in three parts. Be gentle and avoid deflating the meringue too much. The goal is for the batter to be as light and airy as possible.
- To make the pancakes, heat a nonstick skillet over low to medium heat. To help keep the pancake shape, use pancake molds or metal rings. Lightly grease the pan and molds with a small amount of oil or butter. Fill each mold about 2/3 full with pancake batter.
- Cook Slowly: Cover the pan with a lid and cook the pancakes for about 4-5 minutes on each side or until they become golden brown and rise to about double their original height.
- Once the pancakes are golden and cooked through, gently remove and serve on a plate with powdered sugar, butter, whipped cream, and maple syrup. Enjoy immediately!