Chicken Skewer is a popular street food consisting of small pieces of chicken and scallions grilled on a skewer. You will get this food all the time in ambitious restaurants or in small kitchen on the streets.There are many varieties of chicken skewers with different tastes but I marinated this recipe in Indonesian style.
Boneless chicken thigh is a fattier than breast,so tastes much better and gives you juicier without the stringiness.Chicken can be marinaded up to 1 day in advance. I don’t recommend marinating the chicken for longer than 24 hours, and scrape off the before grilling so it doesnot drip down among the coals or burn the meat.
Skewer is also served with dipping sauce to complement the meat.
Grill Chicken Skewer
- 600 g boneless chicken thighs
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 tbsp chopped galangal or ginger
- 1 tbsp shredded fresh turmeric or 1 teaspoon dried
- 50 g macadamia nuts
- 2 stalks lemongrass, sliced
- 2 red thaichili, sliced
- 1 tbsp palm-alt raw sugar
- 100 ml Cooking Oil
- 100 ml water
- Mix all the ingredients for the spice paste except the water into a smooth mass.
- Pour the spice paste into a saucepan. Add the water and simmer slowly for 30 minutes, stirring. Let cool. Store in refrigerator over the night.
- Cut the chicken thighs into 2-3 cm pieces and marinate in the spice paste for at least 2-3 hours.Thread the chicken pieces onto a skewer.
- Grill the skewers over medium-high heat for about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Serve with toppings and peanut dipping sauce. ENJOY!