I love Mo:Mo (Dumpling), I never get tired of them. It is one of my favourite foods. I used to eat it almost every day.Momo is the king of dumplings. Momos are fillings with ground meat,vegetables.spring onion,garlic chives,koriander and some spices,originating in Tibet and Nepal. Nowadays, Momos are very popular in India, MOMO are steamed but you can also fry or serve in soup.
Chicken Momo Recipe/ Chicken dumpling
For the Dough
- 2 cups Flour all purpose
- 1 cup warm water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Cooking Oil
FOR THE FILLING
- 200 g Chicken ground meat
- 50 g Önion finely chopped
- 50 g Cabbage finely chopped
- 20 g spring Onions finely chopped
- 10 g Coriander finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Ginger
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp Momo Masala or Garam Masala
- 1 tbsp butter room tempreture
- 1 small chili (option)
- Msg to taste (option)
- Combine the flour, salt and water to knead a dough.
- Cover the dough and let it rest for 30 minutes
- Make the filling: In a large bowl, combine the ground chicken, onion, spring onion, coriander ginger, chili , momomasala and butter. Mix well with your hands.
- divide the dough into two parts, dust it with flour and roll out into thin sheets with the help of a cookie cutter
- Place a tablespoon of filling in the middle of a dumpling wrapper.
- Pinch the top of the wrapper, using your fingers to pleat and tighten as you close so it looks like a little pouch. Repeat with the remaining wrappers and filling.
- Place the dumplings in a steamer and steam for 10 minutes